Internship & Job Opportunities
One of the best things you can do to prepare for college is get hands-on experience (and make money) through a job or internship! Below you will find the most up-to-date information on jobs and internships for Richmond high school and college students.
- Pogo Park is a community development corporation working in Richmond’s Iron Triangle neighborhood. Our work? We transform once-broken and abandoned Iron Triangle parks and playgrounds into safe, green, and beautiful outdoor spaces for children to play and for residents of this historic community to come together. This summer, we invite youth, ages 14-18, to apply for a paying job on the Pogo All-Star team.
- Pay: $13.50 an hour (payday is every two weeks)
- Work Schedule: 3 hours per day | 4 Days per week
- First Day: Monday, June 18th, 2018
- Apply online: http://pogopark.org
Want to gain valuable professional experience and get paid over the summer? Apply to YouthWorks today! Applications open February 1. 200 youth will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis after you have completed the eligibility process which includes: eligibility intake, mandatory workshops, and full participation in SYEP Parent and Participant orientations. For More Information Call 510-412-2044
- The City of Richmond is seeking (4) motivated North Richmond residents who are passionate about beautifying North Richmond to become North Richmond Resident Leaders. Under supervision of the North Richmond Beautification Initiative Manager, the North Richmond Resident Leader assists with education, marketing, and implementation of the North Richmond Beautification Initiative in North Richmond in the target area encompassing Chesley Avenue, Fred Jackson Way, Verde Avenue, and 6th Street.
- The Resident Leader will develop skills in community outreach and project management. The Resident Leader will be responsible for educating and engaging North Richmond residents in the North Richmond Beautification Initiative, organizing volunteer community beautification projects in the target area, and recruiting North Richmond residents to volunteer for projects. Projects will include, but are not limited to: exterior senior home and yard improvements, neighborhood clean-ups, community gardens, vacant lot renovation, public art, and more. The Resident Leader will also perform administrative duties and responsibilities related to the community beautification initiative and other duties as assigned.
- The North Richmond Resident Leader positions are jointly funded by the City of Richmond and Contra Costa County North Richmond Mitigation Grant.
- For more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 510-620-6563.
- Aim High is looking forward to overseeing eighteen (18) campuses across six regions this summer including a new site in West Contra Costa County/Richmond. We could not do this without our outstanding faculty and interns. Recruiting Season is here! Please feel free to forward this widely to your networks. Aim High is an amazing and impactful experience for experienced educators as well as college/high school students who serve as paid Interns.
- Students interested in Law and understanding the system of law and government are encouraged to participate in the Summer fellowship offered by the Center for youth Development Through Law! Learn about the law and government through academic classes, mock trials and interactions with legal professionals. After the completion of your 9 week program, you are able to receive ongoing mentorship and support.
- To be eligible, student must be either a Sophomore, Junior or Senior attending a public high school in Oakland, Berkeley, El Cerrito, Pinole or Richmond. Applications will open in the Spring of each year.
- Contact Nancy Schiff at email@example.com