The cornerstone of the Richmond Promise is an up-to $1,500 college scholarship, with renewal up to 4 years. Students may attend a 2-year or 4-year college, and/or pursue a Career Technical Education Certificate at any not-for-profit institution in the United States. The Promise also serves as a powerful incentive and resource hub for students leveraging multiple sources of financial aid. Completion of the FAFSA or Dream Act application is a prerequisite for eligibility, ensuring that our scholars receive the college funding they need and deserve.
- Be a resident of the City of Richmond, North Richmond or Point Richmond (i.e. have a Richmond home address)
- Have graduated from an eligible high school within the West Contra Costa Unified School District boundary area or received your GED/high school equivalency this academic year or the year prior
- Have attended an eligible high school at least 9th-12th grade consecutively
- Complete the FAFSA/Dream Act by the March 2 Cal Grant deadline (unless not AB 540 eligible)
- Submit a Richmond Promise Scholarship application by the application deadline
We are proud to support 578 Richmond Promise Scholars across 82 different colleges and universities – a $3,468,000 commitment over 4 years!
Support the Promise – You can make a difference in the lives of Richmond students today