The cornerstone of the Richmond Promise is a up to $1,500 college scholarship, renewal up to 4 years. Students may attend a 2-year or 4-year college, and/or pursue a Career Technical Education Certificate at any not-for-profit institution in the United States. The Promise also serves as a powerful incentive and resource hub for students to leverage multiple sources of financial aid. Completion of the FAFSA or Dream Act application is a prerequisite for eligibility, ensuring that our scholars receive the college funding they need and deserve.
- Be a resident of the City of Richmond, North Richmond, or Point Richmond (i.e. have a Richmond home address)
- Have graduated from an eligible high school within the West Contra Costa Unified School District boundary area or received your GED/high school equivalency this academic year or the year prior*
- Have attended an eligible high school at least 9th-12th grade consecutively
- Complete the FAFSA/Dream Act by the March 2 Cal Grant deadline (unless not AB 540 eligible)
- Submit a Richmond Promise Scholarship application by the application deadline
Learn more and apply for this year’s scholarship here!
We are proud to support 578 Richmond Promise Scholars across 82 different colleges and universities – a $3,468,000 commitment over 4 years!