The Scholarship Application
The Richmond Promise Scholarship is a $1,500 college scholarship, renewable for up to 4 years, with an additional 2 years available for students who want to petition for extra funding . Students may attend a 2-year or 4-year college, and/or pursue a Career Technical Education Certificate at any not-for-profit institution in the United States.
To be eligible for the Richmond Promise Scholarship, you must:
- Be a resident of the City of Richmond or North Richmond (i.e. have a Richmond home address)
- Have graduated from an eligible high school within the West Contra Costa Unified School District boundary area or received your GED/high school equivalency this academic year or the year prior and be under the age of 24
- Have attended an eligible high school at least 9th-12th grade consecutively
- Complete the FAFSA/Dream Act by the March 2 Cal Grant deadline (unless not AB 540 eligible)
- Submit a Richmond Promise Scholarship application by the application deadline
Our 2022-2023 Richmond Promise Scholarship will be open from October 12th, 2021 – March 14th, 2022! If you are interested in applying for our scholarship please click on the link below for either the English or Spanish application.
Support the Promise – You can make a difference in the lives of Richmond students today