The Scholarship Application
The Richmond Promise Scholarship is an up-to $1,500 college scholarship, with renewal up to 4 years. Students may attend a 2-year or 4-year college, and/or pursue a Career Technical Education Certificate at any not-for-profit institution in the United States.
To be eligible for the Richmond Promise Scholarship, you must:
- Be a resident of the City of Richmond, North Richmond, or Point Richmond (i.e. have a Richmond home address)
- Have graduated from an eligible high school within the West Contra Costa Unified School District boundary area or received your GED/high school equivalency this academic year or the year prior
- Have attended an eligible high school at least 9th-12th grade consecutively
- Complete the FAFSA/Dream Act by the March 2 Cal Grant deadline (unless not AB 540 eligible)
- Submit a Richmond Promise Scholarship application by the application deadline
The 2018-2019 Scholarship application is now closed. The Scholarship will open for new applicants in October of 2019.