The Scholarship Application
The Richmond Promise Scholarship is an up-to $1,500 college scholarship, with renewal up to 4 years. Students may attend a 2-year or 4-year college, and/or pursue a Career Technical Education Certificate at any not-for-profit institution in the United States.
First Time Applicants
The 2018-2019 Scholarship application is now open. Please see below for eligibility requirements and timeline.
2018-2019 Scholarship Eligibility:
- Be a Richmond or North Richmond resident (i.e. have a Richmond home address)
- Graduate from an eligible high school within the WCCUSD boundaries or have received your GED/high school equivalency between June 2018-2019
- Have attended an eligible school from 9th-12th grade consecutively
- Complete the FAFSA or Dream Act by the March 2 Cal Grant deadline (unless not AB 540 eligible)
- October 1: FAFSA / Dream Act & Richmond Promise Scholarship Open
- March 2: Deadline to submit FAFSA / Dream Act
- March 8: Deadline for Richmond Promise Scholarship Application
- May: Richmond Promise Scholar Celebration
- June & July: College Success Workshops