Richmond Promise works to increase college affordability for all students in Richmond. We do this through the following:
- The Richmond Promise Scholarship
- Financial Aid Workshops & Advising
The Richmond Promise Scholarship
The core of the Richmond Promise model is a community-wide scholarship of up to $6,000 over four years that can be used at any 2-year, 4-year, or CTE post-secondary institution. We are proud to support multiple pathways to higher education. There are currently 936 Scholars attending 98 different colleges and universities across the country.
We work with students from all eligible schools to complete our scholarship application on-time. But completing the application is just where we begin. Once a student becomes a Richmond Promise Scholar, we work with them through the transition between high school and college to make sure they enroll full-time and on-time. Then we support our Scholars all the way through graduation through our college success programming.
Our goal is to ensure our Scholars not only make it to college, but graduate with the tools and experience necessary to thrive in their career of choice.
Financial Aid Workshops & Advising
As part of the application process for the Richmond Promise Scholarship, we require all students to complete FAFSA and Dream Act (if eligible). In order to lower this barrier to entry, we offer a variety of services to assist any Richmond student in completing these processes.
- Financial Aid Workshops – We host financial aid workshops at various community and school locations for both students and their families to assist them in completing their financial aid application.
- Interested in requesting a workshop? Click here!
- In-School Financial Aid Pilot – During the 2018-2019 school year, we are piloting an in-school financial aid advising program through which we will be working with Richmond high schoolers during the school day to ensure they all complete the requirements for FAFSA and Dream Act.